Building character. Testing excellence.
THE BEST THAT HOUSTON HAS TO OFFER IN PIANO, VIOLIN, CELLO AND GUITAR LESSONS, ALONG WITH THEORY AND MUSICIANSHIP CLASSES!
The International Music Academy of Houston is a professional music program that meets the needs of both aspiring professional musicians and students who are learning to play an instrument solely for their own enjoyment.
Our musical family includes over 250 young children, teenagers and adults of all different skill levels and walks of life who are inspired and taught by highly accomplished professional musicians from all over the world. Our students can learn to play piano, violin, cello, and guitar, take music theory classes, and perform at the most prestigious venues in Houston as well as internationally, while forming lifelong bonds making music together.
- An inspiring and nurturing environment for every student
- Careful placement of students with teachers who will accommodate their goals and needs
- Preparation for music competitions and college auditions
- Measurable results for every child
- recital performance at Rice University after 1 semester of lessons
- ability to read and understand music at a higher level in 1-2 semesters
- year-end jury at which each student performs for 3 faculty members who give constructive feedback on their progress
- Opportunity to participate in our international exchange program and in a masterclass with world-class musicians
- Spacious studios with a grand piano in each room, with a warm, professional atmosphere making it easy for students, parents and teachers to collaborate with each other.
We are conveniently located in the heart of Houston, right at the intersection of 610 and 59 which makes our studios easily accessible.
The secret to the success of our students is our teachers, parents, emphasis on performance experience, and our teaching philisophy, which translates into one of the lowest student drop-out rates in our field.